This document contains the basic framework of a privacy notice but does not include all applicable information, you will have to assess your business to determine what other information must be made available.
Absolute Wagyu (Pty) Ltd Privacy Notice
Within this notice we describe who we are and what we do, the type of information we collect, how we collect the personal information and what we use it for, when we will process your personal information, how we will store the information, your data protection rights, our contact details, as well as how to lodge a complaint.
Who we are:
Absolute Wagyu (Pty) Ltd is a company that specializes in the selection, breeding and marketing of Wagyu genetics and beef to clients.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal information for the processing of accounts and payments of clients. This includes name, ID number, address, banking details, VAT number and e-mail addresses
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- For the opening of a new account
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From clients wishing to have an improved service regarding certain products
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Process your personal account and broaden our business
We may share this information with your prior permission :
- Personal information
- Information of your animals
- Genetic information
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
We keep your information for at least 5 years. We will then dispose your information by shredding of all documents
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Mrs Hendriette Stafford. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request Absolute Wagyu (Pty) Ltd to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Absolute Wagyu (Pty) Ltd will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Ramsem will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Ramsem from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact our office at 076 426 1735 if you wish to make a request.
Name: Absolute Wagyu (Pty) Ltd
Address: 5 Flora Street, Riebeeckstad, 9459
Phone Number: 076 426 1735
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the above address.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za